YOU WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
Please read this carefully before you complete the registration form…
- There will be the option for PNMs who are at a higher risk for severe illness or immunocompromised to participate in recruitment via a fully virtual experience. Should a PNM experience any COVID-19 symptoms, or test positive during the recruitment process, there will be an option to complete the recruitment process virtually.
- There will be a thorough cleaning of the recruiting spaces in between parties. PNMs will still receive a t-shirt to wear for Philanthropy Round, as well as a hard copy of the PNM Handbook. Due to this, as well as additional costs for recruitment, some of which are still unknown given the circumstances, we will maintain the No Refund Policy for recruitment registration.
- While Auburn University Panhellenic does not require a minimum GPA to participate in recruitment, the individual chapters do have their own grade requirements. The average minimum GPA requirement for pledging tends to be around a 3.2, but some sororities have cutoffs that are higher. The all sorority GPA is usually above a 3.2. In some circumstances, however, women with GPAs below the requirements do receive bids, but please be advised that having grades below the requirements do limit your chances of pledging.
- If you register by 11:59 pm on July 9th the recruitment fee will be $80.00. From July 10th until 11:59 pm on July 26th, online registration will still be available. Beginning July 27th registration will only be available by calling our office at 334-844-4600 and will cost $300.00. A t-shirt is included in your recruitment fee. Additional shirts may be ordered at a price of $12.00. This can be done on your registration form. All recruitment and t-shirt fees will be posted to your ebill account, so please do not send us any money.
- Once you submit your application, your recruitment and t-shirt fees will not be refunded, even if you do not come to recruitment.
- You should register for recruitment only once. Do not register once and then register again later with changes. Once you register, the sororities receive the information you send in and have begun working with your application and it creates a great deal of confusion when someone tries to register more than once and submit changes. The final online registration deadline is not until July 26th, so you have plenty of time to gather the correct information and register correctly only once rather than register and then send in corrections. Make sure that the information you submit is correct and that you print out a copy for your records.
- When you fill out your registration, be sure to capitalize and spell correctly. The information you submit is sent to the sororities as is, so if you type in all-caps or if you do not capitalize, that is the information that the sororities see. So, be sure to submit your information in a format that you would be proud of.
- You should not register until you have your final, complete high school transcript. Your transcript can be the unofficial one, we do not need a copy of your official transcript. It is best for you to turn in the correct one the first time rather than submit a late one or a different one later. You will need to know your final high school GPA for your registration. We ask that you report it on a 4.0 scale. Weighting for honors and AP classes is allowed. So, get that ready before you begin.
- Before sending in your transcript, check over it for your social security number. We do not need that for anything, so you should mark over it with black marker or white it out before submitting your transcript.
Be prepared with these things before you begin registration:
- Note your username and password. When you register, you will create a username and a password for yourself. We will not be able to look them up for you, so make sure you keep track of that information. You can log back in and make changes as you need to once your registration is complete.
- Use Google Chrome, if you can, and enable all cookies on your browser. Make sure your browser has cookies enabled before clicking on the registration link. Otherwise, your application may not submit. Take this important step to ensure you do not have to retype everything. Keep in mind that our recruitment registration is stored in a different place. So, enabling cookies for this site only will not work. Enable all cookies. When you are finished, change your settings back to the original state.
- Prepare your resume information. You will be asked general contact information for you and at least one parent. Also, be ready to report all activities (academic, sports, community…) from your high school years (and college years if applicable). You will need to know your Auburn email address and student ID number. Since this is the official place that your recruitment information is housed, it is important that you submit the information carefully and correctly. Do not put “See Resume.” You will not upload a resume, but we will need the information inputted from it.
- Your high school transcript and any applicable college transcripts in an electronic copy. The sororities look carefully at each person’s GPA. Providing a copy of each class you took helps them do this. Get a copy of your transcript (it is OK if it is marked unofficial) and make sure to mark out your social security number if it appears on there. We do not need your social security number for anything. The transcript is the best thing, but a final report card will suffice if it has the final cumulative GPA on it. Scan the pages into one document, even if it is more than one transcript. There is a portion of the application where you will attach the transcript to your application.
- ACT/SAT Scores may be reported, but this is optional. Please do not go take these tests for the recruitment application. You may report them if you have them, but they are not required.
- You have the option to upload a photo, if you choose to. With such a large group of potential members, the sororities use photographs for identification purposes. You will have the opportunity to upload one photo in the “Upload Image” section. The maximum file size is 1 MB. It does not have to be professionally taken. It can be head only, head to toe, or anything in-between. Any type of pose is fine. If you submit a photo, make sure that it does not have anyone else in it.
- Research current legacy policies. Each sorority has its own definition of who their legacies are. It is OK to report any family relationships you want, but it is important to note that many legacy policies have changed.
- Be prepared to complete the t-shirt portion of the application. See our 2021 t-shirt options by clicking here. The registration fee provides one shirt to each potential member. The shirts will be worn during philanthropy round, which is a three- day round. Some potential members choose to get only one shirt and wear it multiple days, but others choose to purchase extra shirts ($12) so they will have a fresh one on hand. The order for recruitment shirts will be placed July 10. So, only people who have registered by July 9 will be able to order additional shirts. We will order additional shirts for those women who register after July 9, but we can not guarantee that every size and color will be available. Each of the shirts we have left will be sold for $12 cash, so if you would like another shirt and miss the opportunity to order online, you can still order one once you arrive to campus.
- Be prepared to answer some questions. You will be asked to answer some questions on your recruitment registration, so make sure you are prepared to answer them before you register. We recommend answering the questions in 200 words or less. These questions are built in to our registration this year because the chapters want to learn more about you and your personality before recruitment even starts! Below are the question options:
- Question Group 1 (you will chose one of these to answer):
- What personal values do you hold that shape your day to day life?
- What is a goal you have for your undergraduate years aside from your academic endeavors?
- Describe the qualities you look for in a group of lifelong friends.
- Question Group 2 (you will chose one of these to answer):
- If you had to choose someone to play you in a movie about your life, who would it be and why?
- What do you consider your biggest accomplishment and why?
- What is the best compliment you have received and how did it impact you?
Lastly, be prepared to upload a short video showcasing your personality. This is a newer element of our recruitment registration, which is the video upload portion. Our chapters want to get to know you through a short video that answers a brief prompt. Click this link to learn more information about the 2021 prompt and some video instructions. Once you register for recruitment, you will have the opportunity to upload the video. Make sure you click on the instructions once you are in the recruitment registration to learn how to upload the video. The video upload site will be different than the recruitment registration site, so make sure you finish your registration and then upload your video using the instructions that will be linked in the recruitment registration
Please call the Greek Life Office (334) 844-4600 any time between 7:45 am and 4:45 pm CST Monday through Friday with any questions.
If you want to get our latest announcements, be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram!
* After you have registered, you can return to your registration and edit it, as long as you save the username and password you create for this registration. Click here to learn how.