The Office of Greek Life recognizes the vital role that parents play in the success of their student. This page is intended to assist parents in understanding the role of Greek-letter organizations in the college setting. We have provided resources that address common issues. If you have a question or a suggestion for a resource for inclusion on this page, please e-mail the Office of Greek Life. If you would like to contact a staff member, click here for our contact information.
Although no individual student and their family experience the transition to college in the same way, there are some changes and adjustments that are common. Click here to read about what you may experience as your student transitions to college.
Does membership in a fraternity or sorority affect the retention and graduation rates of students? This was the question that was researched during the spring 2010 semester. Click here to view the research findings.
- Student living on campus joins a fraternity that offers 10 or more meals a week
- Student is listed on a new member roster that indicates that he lives on campus
- Names are turned over to the Tiger Card Office, by the Office of Greek Life
- Students will be given up to $695 refund at the end of the semester
- Parents should monitor their student’s e-bill to ensure that the refund has been given after finals
Last modified: July 19, 2018